Topics for HMC2022
The proposed topics for this edition of the Conference are:
- Characterization of historic mortars and masonry structures. Sampling and test methods.
- Historic production, processing and application of mortars, renders and grouts. Lime technologies.
- Mortars in archaeological sites. Construction history. Archaeometry. Dating of historic mortars.
- Historic renders and plasters. Gypsum-based plasters and mortars. Adobe and mud mortars. Rammed earth constructions. Natural and Roman cement mortars. Assessment.
- Historic Portland cement-air lime mortars. Historic Portland cement mortars.
- Conservation issues concerning mortars, plasters, renders and grouts. Diagnosis. Decay and damage mechanisms. Case studies.
- Preservation. Consolidation materials and techniques. Development of new products. Preventive conservation.
- Repair mortars and grouts. Requirements and design. Compatibility issues. Durability and effectiveness. Adequacy of testing procedures.
- Abstract submission:
15th of November 2021
- Extended abstract submission:
20th of December 2021
- Abstract acceptance:
15th of December 2021
- Extended abstract acceptance:
10th of January 2021
The maximum number of words is 500, Type = 10 points, Font = Arial
Write author(s) name(s) and affiliation with complete mailing address including country. Do not use titles; i.e. M.D., Ph.D., etc. Use upper and lower case type. If the affiliations of the other authors are different from the first author, designate affiliations of other authors.
HMC 2022 Proceedings
- Full paper submission: 1st of March 2022
- Extended full paper submission for the HMC Proceedings: 1st of April 2022
- Extended full paper submission for the MIT journal: 15th of March 2022
- Full paper review: 15th of May 2022
- Extended full paper review: 31st of May 2022
- Reviewed paper submission: 1st of June 2022
- Extended reviewed paper submission: 15th of June 2022
Oral presentations of 10 min plus 5 min discussion as well as Poster presentations will be accepted.
- The paper, according to the template provided below, MUST be NO longer than 15 pages (A4 with margins) including all written text, tables and figures.
- Proceedings will be published by RILEM S.A.R.L. and will be accessible on-line as a separate volume within the RILEM’s collection.
FULL PAPER TEMPLATE (.docx)
Scientific journal – Materials and Technology
Peer-reviewed articles will be published in the conference proceedings or the scientific journal Materials and Technology.
In agreement with the scientific journal Materials and Technology (MIT; Impact factor: 0,638; Journal Citations Reports, Thomson Reuters 2021; 2020 SE 317/333, materials science, multidisciplinary – https://mater-tehnol.si/index.php/MatTech/about ) we will publish 20 to 25 selected articles in next year’s 5th issue, which will be available at the end of October or beginning of November 2022.
Authors who would like to publish their article in the MIT will indicate this when submitting their full paper. MIT INSTRUCTIONS FOR HMC AUTHORS will be considered when preparing the paper.
MIT is an Open Access Journal. The APC fee of EUR 300 shall be paid to the journal before the publication of the article. The topic of the article should relate to the field of historical materials and/or technologies.
Scientific Committee Members will make the final selection of papers for publication in the MIT.
Organising Committee Members will ensure that all abstracts are translated to Slovene.
MIT template-based manuscript (.doc)
MIT checklist (.doc)
PAPER SUBMISSION (OpenConf)
All posters will be presented in the Virtual Poster Sessions (on-line). For this purpose, the poster should be prepared in a PDF format.
The poster presenters who will participate in the live event will also present their poster in the Live Poster Sessions in the exhibition area.
Poster dimensions: PORTRAIT format, 84x119cm (A0 size).