About 6th Historic Mortars Conference
(Slovenia, 21-23 September 2022)
The 6th HMC will focus on research concerning the technology, characterization, and significance of historic mortars. Additional topics of interest include: conservation and restoration issues in historic masonry structures and on archaeological sites, historic plasters, design and preparation of preservation products, repair materials (mortars, renders, plasters, and grouts) and test methods (for historic and repair mortars).
The HMC2022 is open to scientists, architects, restorers, conservators, historians, archaeologists, heritage professionals, companies and cultural stakeholders.
- Abstract submission:
15th of November 2021
- Extended abstract submission:
20th of December 2021
- Abstract acceptance:
15th of December 2021
- Extended abstract acceptance:
10th of January 2022
- Full paper submission:
1st of March 2022
- Extended full paper submission for the HMC Proceedings: 1st of April 2022
- Extended full paper submission for the MIT journal: 15th of March 2022
- Full paper review:
15th of May 2022
- Extended full paper review: 31st of May 2022
- Reviewed paper submission:
1st of June 2022
- Extended reviewed paper submission: 15th of June 2022
21st-23rd of September 2022
- Violeta Bokan Bosiljkov
- Andreja Padovnik
- Petra Štukovnik
- Vlatko Bosiljkov
- David Antolinc
- Marjan Marinšek
- Tilen Turk
- Alvarez, José Ignacio. University of Navarra, Spain
- Biçer-Şimşir, Beril. The Getty Conservation Institute, U.S.A.
- Bokan Bosiljkov, Violeta. University of Ljubljana, Slovenia
- Faria, Paulina. Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Portugal
- Groot, Caspar. Delft University of Technology, Netherlands
- Gulotta, Davide. The Getty Conservation Institute, U.S.A.
- Hughes, John. University of the West of Scotland, U.K.
- Ioannou, Ioannis. University of Cyprus, Cyprus
- Maravelaki-Kalaitzaki, Pagona-Noni. Technical University of Crete, Greece
- Martínez Ramírez, Sagrario. Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas, IEM-CSIC, Spain
- Pachta, Vasiliki. Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece
- Papayianni, Ioanna. Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece
- Pasian, Chiara. University of Malta, Malta
- Pavia, Sara. Trinity College Dublin, Ireland
- Peter, Ulrike. Lhoist Group, Belgium
- Secco, Michele. Università degli Studi di Padova, Italy
- Stefanidou, Maria. Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece
- Theodoridou, Magdalini. Newcastle University, U.K.
- Toniolo, Lucia. Politecnico di Milano, Italy.
- Valek, Jan. Academy of Sciences, Czech Republic
- Van Hees, Rob P.J. Delft University of Technology, Netherlands
- Veiga, Maria Rosário. National Laboratory for Civil Engineering, LNEC, Portugal
- Velosa, Ana. University of Aveiro, Portugal
The five previous conferences were chaired by:
- Dr. Rosário Veiga (Lisbon, HMC 2008, at LNEC, National Laboratory for Civil Engineering)
- Dr. Jan Válek (Prague, HMC 2010, Institute of Theoretical and Applied Mechanics of the Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic)
- Dr. John Hughes (Glasgow, HMC 2013, University of the West of Scotland)
- Professor Ioanna Papayianni (Santorini, HMC 2016, Laboratory of Building Materials, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki) and
- Professor José Ignacio Álvarez (Pamplona, HMC 2019, The Department of Chemistry, University of Navarra).